Substance abuse is when you take illegal drugs. It’s also when you use alcohol, prescription medicine, and other legal substances regularly or in the incorrect way. Substance abuse varies from addiction. Many people with substance abuse problems are able to leave or can alter their unhealthy behavior. Addiction, on the other hand, is an illness. It means you can’t stop using it though it causes you harms. During treatment, individuals go through detoxification. Detoxification is the set of interventions used to retain a person safe as they readjust to a lack of alcohol in the body. Counsellors and therapists at treatment centers are trained to provide recovering individuals with the tools to resist cravings and maintain their sobriety.
- Track 1-1 Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD)
- Track 2-2 Tobacco Use Disorder
- Track 3-3 Cannabis Use Disorder
- Track 4-4 Stimulant Use Disorder
- Track 5-5 Hallucinogen Use Disorder
- Track 6-6 Opioid Use Disorder